NAD IV therapy is becoming increasingly popular as a way to improve overall health and well-being. NAD, or nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is a molecule that plays a critical role in the body’s energy production and cellular health. IV NAD therapy is a treatment that involves the administration of NAD directly into the bloodstream via an IV drip.
NAD is a coenzyme that is found in all living cells. It is involved in several key metabolic processes, including the conversion of food into energy, DNA repair, and the regulation of gene expression. NAD levels tend to decline with age, which can contribute to a variety of age-related health issues.
NAD IV therapy works by increasing the levels of NAD in the body. This can help to improve cellular function, reduce inflammation, and enhance energy production. Additionally, NAD has been shown to activate certain enzymes that are involved in DNA repair, which may help to slow the aging process.
What to Expect During NAD IV Therapy
NAD IV therapy typically involves the administration of a solution that contains NAD, along with other vitamins and minerals, directly into the bloodstream via an IV drip. The treatment usually lasts between 2 and 4 hours, depending on the dosage and the individual’s specific needs.
Many people report feeling more energized and focused after NAD IV therapy. Additionally, some individuals may experience improved sleep, reduced anxiety, and an overall sense of well-being.
Research on NAD IV Therapy
While NAD IV therapy is a relatively new treatment, there has been some promising research conducted on its potential benefits. In one study, researchers found that NAD therapy helped to improve cognitive function in individuals with mild cognitive impairment. Another study found that NAD therapy helped to reduce inflammation in individuals with rheumatoid arthritis.
In addition to these studies, there is also ongoing research investigating the potential of NAD therapy to help treat addiction, depression, and other mental health conditions.
Conditions That Benefit from NAD IV Therapy
While NAD IV therapy is still a relatively new treatment, there are several conditions that may benefit from this treatment. These include:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome: NAD therapy may help to improve energy levels in individuals with chronic fatigue syndrome, a condition characterized by persistent fatigue that does not improve with rest.
- Age-related cognitive decline: As mentioned, NAD therapy may help to improve cognitive function in individuals with mild cognitive impairment.
- Addiction: NAD therapy has been shown to be effective in helping individuals overcome addiction to drugs or alcohol.
- Neurodegenerative diseases: Some researchers believe that NAD therapy may be helpful in slowing the progression of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Depression and anxiety: While more research is needed, some preliminary studies have suggested that NAD therapy may help to reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
NAD IV therapy is a promising new treatment that may offer a variety of health benefits. By increasing NAD levels in the body, this treatment may help to improve cellular function, reduce inflammation, and enhance energy production. While more research is needed, there is evidence to suggest that NAD therapy may be helpful in treating a variety of conditions, including chronic fatigue syndrome, age-related cognitive decline, addiction, neurodegenerative diseases, and depression and anxiety.
If you are interested in exploring the potential benefits of NAD therapy, it is important to consult with a qualified healthcare provider. At Onyx Integrative Medicine, our licensed Naturopathic Doctors can help you determine whether this treatment is right for you, and develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
How to get Started?
We offer NAD+ IVs along with a variety of other IV therapies at our Gilbert, Arizona location.
Ready to get started exploring NAD+ IVs? Start here!